Notes for foundation applications
1. Before submitting a funding application, please check the following:
- Is your project in line with our funding philosophy?
- Are children and/or young persons (up to 27 years of age) actively involved in your project or will they benefit from the potential financial support?
- Do you regard the Felicitas and Werner Egerland Foundation as a genuine partner rather than a mere financial stopgap?
- Does your project have a realistic chance of becoming self-supporting, can others perhaps learn from your concept and ideas?
- How will the success of your project be measured, in qualitative as well as quantitative terms?
2. You are very welcome to contact us to discuss any questions which may arise:
Blumenthalstraße 11, 49076 Osnabrück, Germany
Phone: +49 (0541) 40999020
3. Submission of applications:
There are no formal guidelines regarding the submission of applications. Your documents should, however, include the following
- Cover letter which includes the project title and requested funding sum
- Project description
- Cost calculation and financing plan
- Time frame including information on the specific date from which funding is required
- Presentation of planned PR work, including involvement of the Foundation
Recognised non-profit organisations, please also provide evidence of your recognition as a non-profit organisation.
4. Send your application via email to:
email@example.com or by post to Felicitas und Werner Egerland Stiftung, Blumenthalstraße 11, 49076 Osnabrück
Applications may be submitted in English or German.
5. Once you have received funding approval from us, please take careful note of the following:
Finances and supporting evidence
- Approved funds must be requested at least 14 days before they are required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a recognised non-profit organisation (foundation, association, gGmbH) and receive funding from us, please send us a donation receipt immediately after receipt of payment according to the requirements of the tax authorities. Detailed evidence of how the funds have been used is not required unless specifically requested.
- In the case of projects implemented by an organisation not recognised as non-profit detailed evidence of how the funds have been used must be submitted to us – without any specific request being made – following completion of the project.
6. PR work:
- The Foundation logo must be used in all publications produced by the implementing organisation and relating to the project receiving funding.
- Prior to use/publication of our logo, approval must be sought from the Foundation in order to ensure appropriate visual communication.
- Press events must be coordinated with the Foundation in good time via email/telephone. We will then decide whether a Foundation representative will participate in the event.
- As we regularly report on projects we have funded on our website, please make texts and photos available for such use once the project has been completed. Please ensure any copyrights of third parties are respected.